Hans Axelson, founded Axelsons Institute in 1962, and still guides the school’s operation in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries.
- Scandinavia’s oldest and largest school for complementary and alternative medicine.
- Since its founding in 1962 the school has led the development of modern Swedish massage and body therapy techniques in Scandinavia.
- Is currently represented by eight schools in Scandinavia and one in Japan.
- The school’s administration consists of 25 full time staff members.
- Has an international teaching faculty of more than 100 teachers (doctors, naprapaths, physical therapists, chiropractors, massage therapists etc)
- Initiatiors of massage in pre-schools and schools, massage against violence, massage and dyslexia and massage at work.
- Member of KAM, the Committee for Alternative Medicine, Sweden.
- Members of the Swedish Massage Advisory Council.
- Works conscientiously througout society to spread knowledge and understanding of the importance of physical touch.